Lambs

Lambs

Monday, June 22, 2015

The playground project



One of our big projects for the summer.  Putting the play ground up. Oh boy, just looking at all the material we had to work with and between the rain and hot weather, we were not that anxious to get to it. But we did.  We had to wait until it quit raining long enough to get started. 

Aaron started putting the main pieces together in the garage. Alex was trying to help. 




Aaron had a little help that day. lol










The kids were getting pretty excited. 


Between the breaks of down pouring of rain, I would go out and haul sand as our base.  We had two truck loads of sand.  But I think we only ended up using one and a half. Lots of sand to move with a wheel barrow.  The first two days were rough.  We were sooooo sore. lol  But while Aaron was at work, Id haul more sand on over to the work area.  The mud was not my friend those days. 






After laying down all the sand we needed, we layed down the black stuff.  Not sure what its called, but it makes the base more sturdy.  It felt like fleece too. Pretty neat stuff. We had to put the bags of rubber mulch on top, to hold it down from the wind.  



Here comes the rain again........





It was a mess, but the sand helped make a path to the sand pile, so I could haul the wheelbarrow. 


This was only half of the base.  There was so much more to do. 


I had gone out to baker and while I was gone, Aaron managed to haul the play ground base outside on the car trailer.  How he did that, I'll never know.  No really? I will never know. He didn't tell me. lol

When Hayden was at school and Aaron was at work, I was back outside working. I also had to put the crows nest on the play ground and the swings, ladders, rock wall, slide, handles...etc.  In the hot hot sun I might add. Gosh, I was sooo ready for this project to be done after that. 




While hauling more sand, I sat and watched an eagle fly over our heads in circles.





It didn't take long for the kids to get to playing, after finishing the last touches. 



Hayden got home from school and rushed to the Monkey Bars.







Addison makes it to the first bar and hangs there, until you help her down. lol






Next up, was to lay out the rubber mulch liner and pound it down into the ground with rebar.  Aaron had to drill 3 holes in each peace, so we had A Lot to do... ugg...








Taking a time out from the scorching weather, to pound down Ice water.  The kids were bringing us ice water quiet a bit that day. 









After pounding in all the stakes and spreading the hundred bags of Rubber mulch, we were finally starting to see the end. 








I had to go cut all the left over black stuff poking out from the rubber liner and then Aaron and I put sand around the edges, on the outside to make it look nicer.  









It felt so good, knowing that we were finally finished!! 
We went inside a had a nice Ice cold, stiff drink. lol. Well deserved. 
Our next big project will be the Fence..... 




No comments:

Post a Comment