Lambs

Lambs

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Western Week In Elko

Western Week in Elko

Every year around this time, Elko has a Western week.  All the kids in all the schools dress up in Western attire. They also have a bunch of events that goes on around town. Cowboy poetry is a huge deal.  People come from all over to participate and listen. 

Hayden had to wear certain things on certain days for school. This was hard, because she had nothing to wear that was western.  Luckily, Jenny had just given me a bag of clothes that had some western shirts in it. That was a relief.  But I was still lacking a hat, boots and bandanna for her. 


Day 1
Monday was bandanna day. They were to wear a bandanna to school. I totally forgot and it was too late to go get her one.  It turned out okay tho, her teacher had a few extra's for the kids to wear. 

Day 2
Tuesday was western shirt day. This is a shirt that Ava gave to her. 


 I had to go to the store and buy her a hat and bandanna later that afternoon.  I went to cal's ranch to find boots. Everywhere I went, I was lucky to even find anything. This town was just about cleaned out of western attire. 

Day 3
Wednesday was cow boy hat day. 






Day 4
Thursday was, wear your Boots day.  She was super excited about this one. She loves her new boots. 


 When she got home from school, she changed into a dress and danced around in her new boots all day. I was suprised she didn't sleep in them.  She didn't want to take them off. 






 Day 5
Friday was, wear the whole outfit day.  She was totally excited for this day. 




Some western hair do's we experimented with.  


 It was a fun week for me too. :)


The Schools also had chilli cook off's and buckaroo breakfasts. They even invited family and friends to join the students to eat.   Each grade did something different. Pretty neat, but next year I will try to be more prepared for this yearly event and go shopping before hand.


No comments:

Post a Comment